Friday, April 04, 2014

Oh No, It's An Osprey Soap Opera!


Wednesday night's drawing was in honor of the ospreys returning to Jamaica Bay.

Sunday is looking pretty nice, I might go osprey hunting myself (don't worry, only shooting will be done with a camera) but in the meantime, I've been following that website I linked to in the last post, and oh my, there's some spring drama going on among the fish eagles!

Coley the 1st arrived home in good time and got a warm welcome (nudge nudge wink wink) from his mate, but poor Coley 2 got badly delayed by foul weather and meanwhile, back at the nest, some sweet-talking boy's come around, singing his song -- will Coley 2's mate mess around, or will she be strong, will she look in her heart and let love (Love!) keep them together?

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of The Real Ospreys of Jamaica Bay!

(and as one of my clubmates said when I posted about this on Facebook, "Cue dramatic music cue!")

Trouble in Osprey Paradise episode here -


Photos here!

2 comments:

Tillerman said...

Saw 2 Ospreys in RI this week. They're BACK!

bonnie said...

Summer's coming!