Sunday, January 11, 2009

Seals in the Snow

1/10/09 Trip Report - Reader's Digest/Picture Worth 1000 Words version!

Another fantastic Sebago trip courtesy of Tony & Walter:


With seals


and snow!


Despite the fact that Tony had posted this specifically as a seal-watching trip, I didn't mention it. I always tend to be a little cautious about getting excited about seeing wildlife on my various hikes & paddles - the animals are on their schedule, not mine.

But wow. The Jones Beach inlet area was FULL of harbor seals. Never saw anything quite like it.

That's all for now. Thank you to Walter & Tony for planning, and everybody else who came for being great company. More pictures later, looks like a nice day for another park stroll, must go before the snow all melts!

oh, wait, one more thing -

January Butterfly Roll!

Tony was spotting me & I asked him to take pictures, sorta liked the impressionistic effect here!

No comments: