Monday, March 11, 2013

Pie n' pix



These next 2, click on the picture for a better view!


Pie n' pix. Rewarding myself for going to the office today - I didn't get everything done I would've liked to but what I did get done will at least cut down on the likelihood of needing to pull an all-nighter (I'm too danged old for those). 

The pie is Bubby's Michigan sour cherry. This was an excellent Facebook discovery and a very nice instance of the total disregard the world of the internet has for silly things like physical location - I found out about Bubby's when a friend from high school in Hawai'i who now lives in Seattle got very psyched on Facebook because a Seattle friend of his was bringing him one of these (a whole one!) from NYC. Pie not being the most readily transportable food, I figured a pie worth hand-carrying across the country on a plane was worth looking into, and when I did I discovered that the place was less than a mile from where I work and is open 24 hours a day. I didn't go right away but I added it to my list of budget-season late-night comfort food refuges, and now, 'tis the season. Oh yeah. 

 The merry-go-round is Jane's Carousel in the Brooklyn Bridge Park and I'd been thinking it might make a neat night picture. Walked across the Brooklyn Bridge to get there, and then walked a bit more after taking the pictures because we had nice weather tonight. And pie.

2 comments:

Harry said...

Yummy,the one thing I miss about living in N.Y...is the food!

bonnie said...

That is a very good point about the city. I'm always especially interested in good food that's within walking distance of my office and available later in the evening - those places make budget season bearable. This was a great find, there's a noodle shop in Chinatown, there's a wine bar with excellent small plates in my neighborhood. So nice on those occasional nights when I end up working until, say, 10 pm to at least be able to treat myself to a really nice dinner (with somebody else washing the dishes).