Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Transit Strike Day 2

No. Really. I AM the most boring New York City blogger of all. Everybody else is going to have exciting stories of transit mayhem (or pleasantness, see Sea Level's comment on my first post yesterday for a biker's report, he was pleasantly surprised at how well bikes are being treated!); as for me, this morning I discovered the Command Bus. This is an express bus that has a stop about 4 blocks away from where I live & ends up at Chambers Street in downtown Manhattan. It did take an hour and 45 minutes as opposed to 45 minutes for my normal subway ride, but basically my transit worries are over (knock wood). That's a particularly fervent knocking of wood of course - the strange thing is that the Command Bus was a privately operated bus line at one time, but it is now actually operated by the MTA; there's an MTA logo on the bus, and you pay with a Metro Card, but apparently the line falls into some loophole as far as the operators not striking.

I count myself lucky, but so much for any ideas I may have had about writing daily posts about the strike - from now on, they'll just read: Left at 7. Caught bus. Went to work.

Ho hum.

Technorati Tag:

No comments: