Wednesday, April 26, 2006

More Brooklyn Botanical Garden (featuring one fortunate cormorant)


Looks like a LOVELY night for Renata's visit - if you are looking for info on that, the post before this one has everything I know about it, no updates since then.

I will of course be teaching up in the pool at Sarah Lawrence. So sorry I have to miss it but I hope others have a great time!

Here's another photo from last weekend at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden - that's all I really have time for right now. This one, I took in the Japanese Hill and Pond Garden in the Brooklyn Botanical Garden.

The cormorant was an interesting touch. I see cormorants on the waterfront all the time, perching on pilings, fishing, spreading their wings to dry their feathers - seeing one here was odd. Still, he's (or she's) got him or her self a nice setup - quiet, sheltered, pond full of big, lazy, breadcrumb-fattened fish - the BBG better hope that the next step isn't set up housekeeping & raise some hungry babies!

Somebody else thought it was a black swan. Ah, city people...

That's all for now although I have all kinds of things I'd like to write about - my friend Brian, out racing a yacht to Victoria, BC, has been through another storm; I had a pretty exciting paddle myself last night (in a fun way!); the Bronx River Flotilla is this weekend - and that's all just off the top of my head - but I'd sort of wanted to post this anyways as I'd done it over on Buzznet on my lunch hour & could fit it in quickly & get right back to work.

No comments: