Click here to go there. Also, this is getting super-local, but a friend who lives on the lower east side posted info about a settlement house in his neighborhood that's running their own warming center and looking for donations of all kinds of things - figured I would pass it on. Click here to visit their website, but the main info follows:
Hamilton-Madison House, Inc. and Two Bridges Neighborhood Council, Inc. will host a Gathering and Warming Center located at 50 Madison Street, NYC, NY 10038 in the gym from Wednesday, November 7th till Sunday, November 11th from the hours of 8am till 5pm.
Many residents of the Lower East Side are still without power, water and or heat! This warming Center is in need of supplies listed below:
• Water – Both single bottles and the 5 gallon water cooler bottles
• Water Cooler with Hot and Cold Knobs
• Instant coffee, tea and hot cocoa
• Instant Creamer/Powered Milk Sugar and Sweet & Low
• Instant Soup/Cup a noodle soup
• Non-Perishable Foods
• Any type of pet food (cats, dogs, birds)
• Any type of Cat Litter
• Toilet Paper
• Paper towels
• Hand and Body Wipes
• Hand and Body Sanitizer
• Any basic toiletries and Hygiene Products
• Coats, gloves, hats, etc.
If you can donate supplies, please drop them off at 50 Madison Street.
If you have any questions, you can contact Vicki Mehmel at 212-349-3724 Ext. 9304. vickimehmel"at-sign"hmhonline.org, Work: 212-349-3724, Mobile: 347-728-5277