Monday, August 06, 2012

Chandelier

April 2012, Winter Garden, World Financial Center

This is a good one for the slideshow view - click on the first picture for that.
When I first saw it, I thought that the Winter Garden had actually gotten a huge new chandelier made of sea glass. It had that look about it at first glance, from a distance. I'd taken these day I went to watch the space shuttle fly-by - I liked it, I meant to post sometime but just didn't get around to it until today, when I was reminded of it by a post about a very beautiful-looking piece on Windtraveler. Looks lovely - wish I could make it to Portland, Oregon to see it!

5 comments:

Windtraveler said...

Oh cool!!! That thing is beautiful and HUGE! Thanks for sharing - I'll send it to my sister to check out!!

bonnie said...

You're welcome!

I wish I could see your sister's in person - it looks lovely, I loved this eye-fooling chandelier but your sister's piece gives such a sense of being under clear blue water (the color I grew up with in Hawaii - been doing some distance swimming at Coney Island and my last swim there was on a cloudy day and it was sort of gray-green I just found myself missing blue so badly)!

Chelsea Stephen said...

Bonnie! thank you so much for your lovely words about my installation in portland. Its interesting that the chandelier you saw was of more weathered and worn plastic. we (my friend Uto and I) grappled over whether we should leave the plastic more dirty and rustic, but decided on cleaning it up and beautifying it a bit. the glass bottles on the bottom of our installation has sand dusted over it which definitely has a more organic feel to it. thanks for sharing! I'll try to get more pictures out soon.
Cheers!
Chelsea

bonnie said...

I look forward to seeing those! I like the way yours glows...

ankle wellies said...

wowwww amazing found! ;)