Wednesday, June 01, 2005

My reservations about sitatops - a case in point.

Remember the reservations about sit-atop kayaks that I expressed in the post before last, the one where I got all obsessive about listing types of kayaks?

"On the minus side - well, these are super user-friendly boats, pretty much anyone can jump on one & move it around no problem, which is, on the surface, a plus - but that's also a problem because it's really easy for one of these user-friendly boats to quietly carry a novice into non-user-friendly conditions"?

Wenley has posted a sad example of EXACTLY the kind of thing I was talking about. Really sad story. I find it a little eerie that he posted this so soon after I was feeling like maybe I was being too much of a worrywart when I went off into that minirant. I guess I wasn't wrong.

No comments: