Friday, July 26, 2013

Aloha Friday

Look what a nice surprise I got last weekend when I went to the deli just to the east of the Cortelyou Road Q station! The deli's been there since I moved to the area, it's run by the same Tibetans who eventually added on the terrific Top Cafe Tibet (mmm, momos!) in the sliver of space between the deli and the cut in which the trains run. They always have a great selection of beers but this time, 

what to my wondering eyes should appear/ 
but a nicely-chilled six-pack of Island-kine beer!

Wow, lau lau!

I hope it's a hit and they keep stocking it - in the past, I've gotten it at New Beer Distributors on Chrystie Street, which has an amazing selection of brews and is actually on the way home if I go home via the Grand Street B station, but they close at 6 and that's usually the earliest I leave work. 

No comments: