Friday, July 15, 2005

Diagon Alley Comes to Soho

UPDATE as of JULY 17th 2007 Two-Thousand-Seven MMVII!!! OK, I'm noticing I'm getting a LOT of hits today from people looking for HARRY POTTER PLACE, DIAGON ALLEY, DIAGON ALLEY SOHO...so I'm updating because I suspect you're looking to see if there's going to be a Harry Potter Place in honor of HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS! And the answer is - YES! And once again I can't work because I have big paddling plans (my gosh am I predictable or what?) but if YOU happen to live in the area and would like to attend, you can read the details HERE!

I've also updated the photo link so now it actually takes you to the album - that'll give you an idea of what it's like - although the staff preview is missing one key element - lots and lots of REALLY EXCITED CHILDREN! Which is what the whole thing's about in the first place, right?

Anyways, that's it for the 2007 update; hope it's helpful. We now return you to July 15th, 2005!
********************************** * * *

SO...I know I said I wasn't posting again until Monday...but I changed my mind in view of the fact that today's a really exciting day at the Really Big Children's Publishing House. Everybody's been a little giddy all week, and today we all got to leave work early to go get a sneak preview of Harry Potter Place - a sort of one-block-long themed street fair that our publicity department put together to entertain people who are waiting to buy their books at midnight. I probably would've worked tonight - it would be fun to see how excited the kids - if I didn't have my big trip that I won't talk about until we've either pulled it off or failed. As it was, I did go take a look - and it really was a lot of fun.

You can see a few more pix over at my buzznet account - enjoy!



technorati tag:

No comments: