Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Last Paddle of 2014



Not a whole lot to say here except it was a really nice paddle to see out the 2014 paddling year. Saturday was gorgeous but after several consecutive days of holiday running around I was feeling incredibly lazy and didn't do anything but sort through my holiday windows pictures, do laundry, and read the latest 3 books of Kazu Kibuishi's Amulet graphic novel series. Monday was almost as nice though, and TQ and I are both on vacation, and although we got a slow start, we still decided to go. Ended up being good timing because clubmate Derek had had the same idea, so the three of us ganged up for a shortish but satisfying paddle. We went around Canarsie Pol, with a bit of a jog out towards Elders Point Marsh and a stop near the Pol to do a few rolls to warm up for the Frostbite Regatta (still on at this point despite a small craft advisory tomorrow). Sunset was spectacular.

Small gallery on Flickr - photos with me in them are by Derek, who took the camera while TQ and I were rolling.

Click here for more pictures.

And since this is probably my last post for 2014 - Hau'oli Makahiki Hou! See you in 2015!

No comments: