Friday, May 07, 2010

Vote For Bowsprite (or, uh, me..)

And here's a little lunchtime something for those of you who just don't give a flounder's fart about the water access politics on NYC...

Carol Haywood, the artist behind the Trawlers & Tugs: Art of the Working Boat blog (one of the more recent additions to the "Generally Salty" section of my blogroll) is having a little contest in celebration of her 100th post. Each of her posts features an artist who specializes in nautical themes. I actually found her blog for the first time after one of my occasional looks to see who's linking to me. I followed the link over to find that she'd posted a link to my old Buzznet gallery from my first visit to the Graveyard of Ships (not counting the MKC "toxic tour" where we turned back 5 minutes shy of the actual yard).

Now, I think I've taken some not-bad pix with my 3 little Pentaxes, but I do not consider myself an artist and I'm insanely flattered to be included in company like that.

I told her about Bowsprite right away of course - Bowsprite being one of my favorite roving artists of NY Harbor (Harry's another) - and Carol did a great post on her, too.

The 100th day contest is simple - you vote for your favorite artist, and you try to predict who's going to win. There is actually a very nice prize for one lucky voter!

3 Trawlers & Tugs links & then I'm going back to work:

Here are the rules & Carol's email address

Here is our wonderful Bowsprite's post

And look, here's me! Hee hee! Bonnie K. Frogma, photographer...I do like that.
...O
:D/>
.O

Obviously I think everybody should vote for Bowsprite (or me, if you really really want to!) - but don't cheat yourself by just sending an email without taking a look at the others! Spend some time browsing the site, there's some amazing stuff over there & I swear if Bowsprite wasn't in there, I really don't know how I could have picked a favorite.

7 comments:

bowsprite said...

i vote for the right to have 100 chances to vote! and i'd use up all 100 on other folks--and one for you! I love her site, love the artists she finds! (but thank you, Frogma!)

bonnie said...

I was thinking that if you weren't in there, I'd have had to pick by a digital pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey routine - grab my mouse, close my eyes & take a random shot at that link list.

There are so many different unique styles, all delightful, charming, or beautiful in their own ways. Apples to oranges. Mangos to kumquats.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bonnie said...

stupid spammers

Bursledon Blogger said...

I've been a fan of bowsprite for some time,but your wreck photo's get my vote!

Carol Anne said...

Oddly, I don't get those kinds of spam -- but then, my blog's been banned in China. I guess that applies to Chinese spammers, too.

Baydog said...

The salty kind